FEMALE RULES – ALL DIVISIONS
1. For the Female Lacrosse Program in MMLL contact limitations will apply for all age divisions no matter what the age range.
2. Defensive players can initiate contact on the ball carrier anywhere on the
floor, however the defensive player must make non-aggressive contact before pushing. Overly aggressive play will be penalized.
3. Contact on non ball carriers anywhere on the floor is not allowed (no
ball, no push). Players can clamp the stick so long as there is no contact
made anywhere on the body.
4. Body checking is explicitly prohibited.
5. The penalty for an offence under "contact limitations" will be treated as an
unnecessary roughness penalty
6. FIGHTING or any other 5-minute major penalty resulting in a game misconduct.
7. A stick coming from above the shoulders onto an opposing player, stick or body, is a penalty as is any attempted stick check that misses and contacts any part of the body.
MMLL Female Division Regulations - REGULATION 14 FEMALE LEAGUE SUSPENSION GUIDELINES
(Regulations 14 is part of the Operating Regulations of the MMLL and applies to all female divisions)